Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 06 400ex I just did a top end, new valves and timing chain, was running great but I noticed it had a little oil leak from the valve cover, took it off to reseal it and now the engine gets real tight like it’s seizing when the valve cover is tightened down, if you take the cover off everything rotates without any force, I’ve done readjusted the valves multiple times and still the same thing happens, any ideas on what could be happening?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
#3 - it's steel coated with a sealant - it's required to set the clearance between the cam and the center plain bearing in the head

View attachment 5152
Oh wowwwwwww, damn I thought it was literally just a gasket, I’ve been using permatex gasket maker this whole time, but the engine is only tight to turn over when the rockers are in, I have another valve cover that doesn’t have any rockers and when I tightened it down everything rotates smooth still

·
Super Moderator
4,761 Posts
I have seen head covers where the rocker arms would bind when the shim was left out - if you can loosen the rocker arm shafts and iit eliminates the bind, then the cover is distorting and causing the bind - the shim may fix that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts