Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 04 trx 250 ex and i would like to add some more horse to her (already have K&N air filter. WORKS GREAT!) so im trying to decide between 2 exhaust systems. FMF POWERCORE 4 or BIG GUN ES ECO
or anyother ones you know of. (only spending around 200$)
let me know!
thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
hey guys i have a 04 trx 250 ex and i would like to add some more horse to her (already have K&N air filter. WORKS GREAT!) so im trying to decide between 2 exhaust systems. FMF POWERCORE 4 or BIG GUN ES ECO
or anyother ones you know of. (only spending around 200$)
let me know!
thanks!
If you change the exhaust, you MUST re-jet your carb.
You can actually loose performance if you don't.

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
Re-jetting the carb is not "required" as much due to exhaust changes as intake changes. But, it is true that changes to the exhaust and intake usually require changes to the carburation in order to maintain performance in the transition from idle to top end. Changing the exhaust is the fastest and cheapest modification that you can make that will give you a noticable mid to top end power gain. Changing the intake enhances that gain, but if you value your engine, you will get rid of that high maintenance K&N filter and put in a easier to maintain foam filter. K&N flows a bit more air at the extreme high end of the engine's RPM, but it flows more dirt at all speeds. If you are racing it may be worth the cost, but if you are a recreational rider it will just increase the frequency of ring and valve replacement.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Totally agree with getting rid of the K&N filter. Hold it up to the sunlight. See how ez you can see through it?
Look at how a 'foam type' filter is made. Oiled, there is no way a spec of engine wearing grit can snake its way through the oiled 'swiss cheese' passages of a quality foam filter. I live in high desert. ALL my vehicles use foam filters or, I've installed foam filters in any than did'nt come with them. Cars and trucks, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.