Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello first of all want to thank the admin for the add. Im interested in buying a trx400 from 2014. Its now 2016 and they are asking new prices ($63xx) wanted to ask fellow members that may have bought recently what they have paid for this 2yr old machine. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
4,647 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I haven't purchased a new machine recently, but here in the heart of Illinois a 2014 fetches about $4500 with tires that won't hold air, plastic severely scratched (if not broken), at least one wheel severely rock dinged and in need of complete servicing.

About $2000 gets you a 2007 with a powder coated frame, aftermarket wheels, exhaust, top off the air box, K&N filter, screwed-up carb (re-jetted and needs re-jetting), bad axle/wheel bearings, needing brake pads, nerf bars with broken webbing and other things the owner just failed to repair when it was actually needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im wondering how a 2014 although not used is the same price as it was sold in 2014? Wouldn't you lose way more than normal as soon as you'd pull it off the lot being that its technically its 2yrs old?

·
Super Moderator
4,647 Posts
Honda sets the MAR (minimum advertised retail) and dealers don't have a lot of room to fudge on the price of new units. The profit is not in the sale of a new vehicle, the profit is in the sale of accessories and add-on's.

Honda skipped the 400X from the line-up in 2015 due to the glut of unsold 2014's. There are still unsold 2014's out there, but Honda brought the 400X back for 2016. It's hard for a company to quit offering the best selling unit of all time, but with the number of used units available, the new ones are not selling. Used 2014 400X's are being sold at auction for between $2800 and $4300 which makes selling a new 2014 even more difficult. The dealer doesn't have much wiggle room and Honda isn't going to budge on their investment. Honda will ship it to another part of the world and sell it at a lower price, but their financial genius's have determined what the U.S. customer can afford and WILL pay. And, the 400X is still built in the USA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great and knowledgeable explanation. I would like to thank you for educating me. I only have one more question "There are still unsold 2014's out there, but Honda brought the 400X back for 2016. " what did you mean by that they brought them back? You mean they are selling 2014's in 2016 or there is such a thing as 2016 honda trx400x? Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.