Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats goin on? Im new to the forum. Pretty new to quads, have ridin them before but never owned my own. A little background- ride street bikes and race them on the track. went trail riding with friends a couple times recently and had a blast. was swappin on and off between dirtbike and quad. Sold one of my track bikes and am looking at two different 400exs just lookin for a little advice. here are the two quads

2004 Honda 400ex with extras
can pick up for $1600

***HONDA 400ex & 250ex COMBO***
can get for $1500

my concern is that the one used for racing is and has been beat on. Seems like they have put a lot of work into but does seem to be a bit excessive and that worries me. let me know what you guys think and what to look for when i go see them. Probably going to pick one up friday. I will be trail riding not racing. It will be put through the paces on the trails but nothing crazy! I take care of my machines and do my own work on anything ive ever owned before. Side note- I am "building" a 1980 xs650 into a bobber with hardtail as my winter project and def do not want another winter project with this quad! thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would go for the ladder. The racer is going to be good at short sprints it seems. The other as a few aftermarkets and you won't have to adjust anytjing for the trails. I'm no expert and am new myself but that is the route I would take personally.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Had the same feeling and went with the 04 trail ridden. Seems to be in a pretty good shape runs and rides no problems. Just going to freshen her up a little- plug, oil, filter, grease the front end, give the carb a good once over, clean and lube the chain, you know the usual.:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.