Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the site and this is my first post.Just bought the TRX about a week or so ago and enjoying it so far.Thinking about doing a early oil change before the main 20 hour service later on.Would like to buy a oil filter and some oil online to keep from driving 35 miles to the Honda shop.Would a [email protected] oil filter or one of the high-flow filters I see on ebay be sufficient or should I go to the shop to get the Honda recommended filter.Also any oil recommendations?Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Any oil filter is adequate, just stay away from the permanent, washable/reusable type. You can buy Honda, K&N, Emgo, Hi-Flo or possibly others from Ebay or other on line retailers like Motorcycle Super Store or Rocky Mountain ATV. Your dealer might even be willing to mail filters to you. Personally, I like to buy from the local shop rather than the on line stores. The local shop will help you out when you need them - the on lines stores only want your money - they're not going to be there to help you when you need the help. I would drive the 35 miles and buy 10 filters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.