Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have a 05' TRX 400 that I just purchased it is bone stock, the quad starts fine even in cold weather, my problem is it will not stay lite, it will idle ok for awhile then die, but starts right back up. I have to keep bliping the throttle to keep it running, very cold natured, does Honda offer a fix for this problem?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
What is your definition of "idle for awhile"? If it idles for 60 seconds that is sufficient. If it were to idle for 5 minutes (when fully warm) it could overheat and cause engine damage.

When first started, it may need partial choke, but after about 3 minutes of "warming-up", it should be able to idle without choke.

It most likely has a carb problem, but it might be ignition or valve clearance. Try a new spark plug before doing anything else and make suer the air filter is properly serviced.

I am not aware of Honda "offering a fix", but any competent mechanic should be able to correct the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2002 is cold blooded to. Its been like that sense i got it, got a k&n, jets and a white bros pipe. I never really looked into doing anything, cause it runs great once you get it going. How does yours run once it gets going?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.