Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals, I have always wanted A 400 to fix up and do a thread on, Well my dad surpised me with an 01 440 that needed some work.. he picked it up for $700 about 8 months ago. It ran but was death to start so my dad ordered almost all the electrical parts (OEM) and it turned out to be the stator. After that and a fresh battery it would start easy but would smoke and burn oil, I ran it for... well untill I tore it down and it would run great (no surprise, its a honda) but I decided to dump as much in it as possible so here I am finally making a thread on it :D. I only had $220 to work with so I had to go for a budget top end (rings and gaskets) so I could do my brake work.

I call the thread the comeback of an old 440 because after looking this bike over its obvious that it was someones beastly love before, mods I have found so far are 450R shocks up front, Wiseco 11:1 440 piston, hotcam (not sure what stage, guessing stage 2 since thats what I commonly see), Renthal bars, ITP front rims, and pro grip grips. doesnt seem like much but its the most modified bike me or any of my friends have had (besides my buddys YFZ450R).

But anyhow my new parts list and mailing status is

Wiseco 11:1 440 rings-recieved
Cometic 440 top end gasket kit-not shipped
New OEM rear caliper-shipped
New kevlar brake pads (never used kevlar pads, hope they're good)-shipped
New GEL battery (never used a gel battery either)-shipped
Used rear master cylinder-recieved

I took a chance with the rear master cylinder, I bought one from a 2005 450R since I found the whole setup for $38 and the cheapest I could find one for a 400 was $80+. The 450R master cylinder bolted right up but I had to turn the brake line to clear the frame (which was a total mishap since I broke the line and had to JB weld it back together so I can at least ride this weekend) I'll get some pictures to put on here of the bike and everything once it gets light out.

To be continued...

·
Registered
22 Posts
try to get some pics up when you get a chance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.