Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1995 Honda FourTrax 300 four-wheel drive. I recently replaced the CDI box and the carburetor and got it running well again. Shortly after I installed the CDI box and was riding it the red oil temp light came on. I tested the resistance of the sensor and it was out of spec(don't remember the exact reading). I tested the wires up at the CDI box and they seem good. My service manual must have a typo in it because it calls the CDI box the alarm box. Mudding the water. I replaced the oil sensor and the light is still on. The quad runs fine, I'm about to unplug the bulb! Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the new CDI box I ordered is small same size as the alarm unit so I replaced the alarm unit with a CDI box by mistake. I'm surprised that it ran fine, other than the oil light. I plugged my new CDI box and where it's supposed to be and no spark. So the aftermarket part I bought must be crap.
Wood Finger Road surface Flooring Gas

·
Super Moderator
4,761 Posts
Yep, you replaced the CDI unit with (most likely) a Chinese DC CDI unit, thus the oil temp light - if had been an AC CDI unit, it wouldmost likely have gone up in smoke. I believe you can unplug the alarm unit and it will not affect the running of the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts