Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm the proud owner of a '98 Fourtrax 300 4x4. I've had it for maybe 5-6 years and has always started right away, despite taking a little while to warm up. Well, a couple of years ago some things at home changed, leaving me with less time on my hands, and the TRX didn't get the attention it deserved. I maybe rode it a handful of times.

Fast forward to a couple of months ago, I started it but it wasn't warming up like it should. I wound up riding it a little bit with the choke partially on, thinking it had just sat too long. Eventually it shut off and would not start. I pushed it to my barn and let it sit. I've finally got around to working on it. I removed the gas tank and drained it. Removed the carburetor, disassembled and cleaned. Put a new air filter on. Put a new spark plug in. I put everything back together, put brand new gas in and a can of sea foam. It started, but I had the same issue I had a couple of months ago. It would only stay running with the choke on. I let it run for 5 minutes and it never warmed up to where I could take the choke off without it dying. I turned it off and figured I would reach out for help.

Any assistance/guidance is greatly appreciated! I feel defeated.

Thanks,

-Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts