Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ihave an 88 350d with a fuel cut relay trouble it would'nt start went through the book found fuel pump to be no good replaced with a small fuel pump(temp till i get new pump) BUT WITH THE FUEL RELAY IN it would'nt work unless i jump the relay.Good [email protected] and control lead good to coil,has battery . voltage. Bought new relay same trouble,runs with jumper in fine.Not sure how relay should work,i think the 220 volts on coil activates relay but not sure any help?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
4,410 Posts
Here it is; the green wire is ground. The black wire with the blue trace is the power wire to the fuel pump. The black/green wire to the fuel cut relay is the power wire to the relay. When the relay closes, power goes from the black/green wire to the black/blue wire turning on the fuel pump. The black/green wire also goes to the engine stop switch, turns into a black/white wire then supplies power to the CDI unit. The fuel cut relay is turned on when power from the CDI unit's black/yellow wire tells the coil to fire. The relay will not close until the engine is cranking or running.

Now to confuse you - this only works if the neutral switch is working - neutral light on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here 2 help

Was the question answered? I am having he exact same problem! Not sure what to do and discovered this forum. Was there any follow up?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts