Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty dumb question to start off with but my shut off valve is leaking fuel. So I picked up a new one but I can't get the screen sleeve thing out of the tank. The new shut off valve is too long so I couldn't just slide it in place. Any ideas on how to get it out or does it even come out?

TIA!
Bill
1991 Honda 300 Fourtrax

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Use a drill bit or a dental pick - drill bit chews it out, it falls into the tank and you shake out the pieces - dental pick, breaks it loose and pull it out in one or more pieces

I use a drill bit - it gets it out and cleans out the hole so the new one goes in with out interference

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like the tank needs to come off because debris will get in the tank. I was running the fuel low and just swapping it out but got stuck with that thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally found some time to work on it again. I used the pick to help loosen it from the tank. Then grabbed it with needle nose pliers and was able to pull it out. Thanks for the tip on the pick. I think that made a difference...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.