Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forums and Honda brand ATV's. I just picked up an 03 TRX250ex for my son which appears to be in top shape. I have a few questions regarding this model.

Does the rear light act as just a running light and not a brake light? The light doesnt get brighter when you apply the brake and I dont see a brake light switch anywhere.

Is there any way to get the choke plunger to stay in the choke position? Mine seems to fall down in I dont hold it up.

Being a shaft drive, what maint. needs to be done to the gear box and universals?

I dont know if the valves were ever adjusted. What indications are there that it would need a valve adj.?

Any input would be helpful and apprecated.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
No brake light - the gear box (final drive) needs the oil changed occasionally - u-joints are not servicable - if the valves need adjusted, it will get hard to start - the choke? - tighten the collar under the choke knob to increase pressure on the choke rod shaft - if the collar will not tighten, replace the cable. The only thing that holds the lever up is the cable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.