Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to discussion...Boom! Off we go... "What is it? Everyone staring, squinting, pointing, silent to attention, You are beginning to get that feeling in the center of your stomach when you grow to no longer trust in your own eyes. The wonderment from your childhood. The muffled sound of others voices, you are focusing. What is it? It sounds familiar, it moves naturally. It is out of it's element! IT IS A ......(drawing a blank here)

I am doing a complete rebuild of a 1987-1992 250X. I noticed the prices of body plastics and I am not thrilled with the styling anyway. My thoughts are: What body plastics spark fun in your head? I had a china 110cc atv and put a power wheels ford f150 body on it. Hilarious!
A hulled out jet ski would be great, but is way too heavy, and kinda dangerous once "skinned". Personally, thinking about old model 4x4 plastics. They would look great while moving at a fast pace. Ideas? Please no barbie jeeps, Rammstein's the only one to pull that off!

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I personally love the clean perfect OEM look. Its really hard to pull off anymore with graphics being hard to find, after market plastic looking off etc.

That said, 250x's were the bomb until the 350 came along. I used to watch and dream as we saw them climb Utah's 700ft vertical Sand mountain with ease... my '82 250FL Odyssey couldnt do more than the approach at the base, LOL!

-DallanC

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am lucky enough to have a enthusiastic wife with a cricut crafting room, she would be all over the task of recreating factory vinyl graphics. I already asked! ;)

I do enjoy a factory appearance, sometimes. Had a 79' xr500, completely psyched to find an original zipper rear fender pouch and tool kit. Built that bike and regret it being gone since.
My 250x plastics are barn warped, and stitched at every seam, why? Don't know.
I also am missing most all trims. Headlight and mount, smashed. I do have a seat and foam, lol.
Maybe more consideration is needed. After all...I thought I was actually wrong once, but it turns out that I was only mistaken.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts