Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a hard day of practice on a mile and 3/4 MXtrack around 50 miles, when i got home and unloaded my 450 did not want to start, had fuel had fire if you cracked the throttle just slightly would start and run, so i pulled the tank off front plastic off and the valve cover off checked the intake valve clearance and could not get a .001 between the lobes and the lifter buckets, pulled the cam carrier off reshimed back to starting good again, going to need valves in the near future probably after Loretta Lynns hope it holdes together till after the races.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Why do 450r go through valves so quickly. My buddy goes through a set a year. Is it possibly how he maintains it. My 450 was also hard to start especially when it was warm. If I stalled in a corner or such it was a pain to restart even after a fresh rebuild top to bottom.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Good Luck I hope it holds up for you. I have a buddy that may race down there in the B-class. But he tore up his quad at our local fair race. he hopes to have it back together.
Well after a hard day of practice on a mile and 3/4 MXtrack around 50 miles, when i got home and unloaded my 450 did not want to start, had fuel had fire if you cracked the throttle just slightly would start and run, so i pulled the tank off front plastic off and the valve cover off checked the intake valve clearance and could not get a .001 between the lobes and the lifter buckets, pulled the cam carrier off reshimed back to starting good again, going to need valves in the near future probably after Loretta Lynns hope it holdes together till after the races.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats just a 4-stroke, look at everyone who stalls a hot motor and they are kicking and kicking and kicking or wearing their battery and starter out.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your buddy gets it back together give me his race number and name and i will try to look him up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts