Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda 400ex
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I'm a new member to the forums and would sincerely appreciate some recommendations/information for a header pipe heat shield. I recently purchased a rebuilt 2008 Honda 400EX. I have already added a new Tusk footshift lever and aftermarket front bumper. It has a full Empire exhaust on it. So now I'm trying to decrease the chances of my oldest son getting burned, besides pants, while riding. I've been looking, but haven't found many options yet.
What is the community using?🤔
Any information beyond wrap/tape would be appreciated!
Thank you in advance!✌
20210719_223531.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,296 Posts
Unfortunately, you have a racing pipe on a sport machine - if the manufacturer does not offer a heat shield, it's up to you to fabricate one. I would have some threaded nuts welded to the pipe and fashion an aluminum shield to be bolted to the nuts or better yet - a good set of MX boots - I have Gaerne boots for my riding - they were about $500, but they protect me from the head pipe on my race bike and that pipe runs red hot 90% of the time, but I had to shop for MX pants with a leather insert at the right knee because I got tired of melting holes in my pants at and below the knee.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts