Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 1987 trx250x to add to the fleet. Also have a atc200x and a Suzuki quadrunner 250. The 200Xbox is gonna be a restore job for this winter.
The 250x is the project at hand. We got it running today by using the cdi box office the 200x. It was just to test every thing and it seems to fairly solid. We had to hard wire the cdi in but my question is. How important is having the proper 250x cdi box on it? Will a new trx250 work or are they programed differently because one is a sport quad and the other is a utility. Thanks for any info. Looking forward to learning about this thing and getting it back to life.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Ignition Timing Mapping on the ATV one might have a Slightly Advanced Mapping to help out with the Extra weight of the ATV.

I have even actually Hard Wired a "Performance AC Fired Chinese Scooter CDI" off eBay and made one work on an ATC 200X and it gave it a little more Noticeable power as well.

If you're interested you can find the Pin Out Diagrams for the AC Fired Scooter CDI's on Google images.

I'll leave a Link to one as well...

CDI AC Racing Performance Non Rev GY6 4 Stroke Scooter Moped ATV US Seller | eBay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.