Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
I am new to the forum, but not new to Honda Atvs. I have been riding since the 80s, when I owned an old '81 110. These days, i try to keep our fleet of 4 wheelers and a few old dinosaur 3 wheelers running at our seasonal fish camp here in Alaska. It gets challenging when parts are a satellite phone call away, and have to wait for what can seem like forever for a part to arrive by plane. The best machines that we seem to have are 87 and 88 350's.

Hope that I can help some of you with some of the older bikes. I have great teardown and diagnosis experience.

I am having a problem with a newer bike though, and I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out. I am sure the solution is easy, but I don't want to break anything.....ok, here goes....
How do you remove the pivot pin for the floats in order to change the float pin.....I can't figure out if I need to push, pull or twist, and don't want to break anything in the meantime. The bike is a 2003 Rancher.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!
Rich.

·
Registered
718 Posts
It will push out. Look at it closely and you will see were one side will have groves and a little bigger, that will be the end that will come out, Push from the other.

Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for the replies guys. I will give it a shot. Hope that I can be of some help to the other members of the board!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just out of curiosity, have any of you had similar troubles with carbs, and the float pin not seating? This Rancher developed this problem recently, and as I have found out, some of our other machines, when stored in a container over the winter will emerge in the spring with carb overflow problems. Even with a new pin, I had to pull this one apart 3 times, finally cleaning out the orifice with carb cleaner before I could get the pin to seat well. I have 2 machines that never got run this season thinking that the floats went bad over the winter.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I just cleaned the carb on a 2002 350 and it had similar problems, it had build up around the seat causing it jam open. When storing the quads I would run all the gas out of the carbs and but some sort of stay build in the tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts