Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, looking to resurrect a flat lined 03 400EX. Poor thing found on side of road neglected and all bug eyed. Had to stop. I've tried a few other places but haven't seem to find anyone very eager to help. Look forward to chatting with a few of you I hope.

RK

·
Super Moderator
4,356 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

99 to 04 400EX's have a certain number of parts that are no longer available from Honda, but can usually be sourced from Ebay or Facebook marketplace.

What are your questions or needs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to start a thread on this. The bike was run without a filter because, and I quote, "when we go swamping the filter always get wet and kills the bike, so we don't use them". I'll show you one picture. This is what I saw when I first showed up.

RK
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Gas Automotive exterior

·
Super Moderator
4,356 Posts
I've seen worse rigging - I restored an 05 that had an aluminum airbox that was designed to hold the battery and all the electrics were removed - no key switch, had to jam the ground wire on the battery to get the electric starter to spin and then kill the engine with the handlebar switch. The lights were never used, it did have a filthy K&N air filter laying loose in the box and the 'custom' aluminum air box was not designed for a cover

1 - 4 of 4 Posts