Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys an gals need some help. My trx 350 2004 fm wont show the neutral light after its had a little bump in the work shop. It was already grounded out / bypassed so the natural light would show but now I cant get it to show therefore it wont start. Any help would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
4,014 Posts
Check battery, check fuse, check diode

The lg/r wire when grounded provides ground the the solenoid whether the neutral light is on or not - if the diode shorts out, it puts 12 v on both the y/r and lg/red wires - depending on the severity of a shorted diode, it can simply put 12v on both wires or cause a blown fuse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check battery, check fuse, check diode

The lg/r wire when grounded provides ground the the solenoid whether the neutral light is on or not - if the diode shorts out, it puts 12 v on both the y/r and lg/red wires - depending on the severity of a shorted diode, it can simply put 12v on both wires or cause a blown fuse.
I've checked the battery checked the fuses and the diode hasnt been in there for a long time but I bridged it out with some copper wire to try it and still nothing happened. Could it be the neutral switch gone bad so the grounding of the wire isit doin anything. Cheers for the reply

·
Super Moderator
4,014 Posts
The neutral switch is nothing more than a connection to ground - if you bypassed the neutral switch (connected the lg/r wire to ground) and the neutral light does not light, it either lost power on the black wire, lost ground on the lg/r wire or the CPU failed.

·
Super Moderator
4,014 Posts
THEY ARE GROUNDED BY THE SAME SENSOR - POWER GOES TO THE MODULE AND THE SWITCH DETERMINES WHICH LIGHT TO LIGHT - IT'S AN LED - IF DEFECTIVE THE MODULE NEEDS REPLACED - ITS PART OF THE DIGITAL METER

·
Super Moderator
4,014 Posts
Only partially

Remove the unit, apply 12v+ dc to the red/black connector (red/blk connects to red on the wiring harness side) the brown connector To illuminate the instrument back light) and to the black/brown connector.

Connect the green connector to 12v-

Don't be concerned about the pink/green - it is a generated pulsating DC to make the display indicate speed

Connecting the light green/red wire to battery neg will cause the neutral indicator to illuminate
Connecting the blue/red connector to neg will light the oil indicator
Connecting the gray wire to neg will light the reverse indicator

End of test

1 - 10 of 10 Posts