Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I really need some help with this asap. I rebuilt the top end of my 2000 400ex this past week. Compression is fine, new spark plug, new gas, wont run.
I have hot cams stage 2, new air filter, DG pipe, Carb was rejetted from the previous owner. The quad ran before I rebuilt it, it had a leaking head gasket so it needed to be done.

Got it all back together and now it turns over, runs for 10 seconds then dies. I have to give it gas before starting to get it to turn over. As soon as i try and give it gas to idle longer it dies. I have tried adjusting the choke in every position but doesent seem to help.

I am under the impression the idle screw might need adjustment but I dont know which screw that is any help with pictures would be much appreciated. Or any other ideas to try. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a similar issue with my 05 crf450, completely cleaned the carb, pulled bristles from a wire brush through all jets n the carb itself, put it back together with stock fuel screw settings and messed with the idle and runs like a champ now n that was after sitting for a year.
Cheech

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.