Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. I rebuilt the carb on my sons 2006 TRX 90 all stock. That needed done due to a stuck float. So fast forward and the quad is back together, but runs bad. I also put a new spark plug in. The quad starts and idles fine, but when you put it in gear and give it gas it sputters and dies like it is not getting fuel. The exhaust is not plugged and and free of debri. Im at a loss. Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
If it ran fine before you took the carb apart, then you changed something

If it sputters and dies and it then hard to start, it might be getting too much fuel. If you give it throttle gradually and it reaches a point where it won't accelerate and anything more than that it dies, then it's probably not getting fuel (all air)

Also, why was the float stuck? Debris, goo or defective part? With today's alcohol blended fuel, the alcohol tends to damage the float needle causing sticking. What caused your needle to stick?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The float was stuck i believe to setting for a long period of time with fuel still in the bowl. I purchased the moose rebuild kit. All went together good. It runs great in neutral, but i put it in gear and try to go and it sputters out. It restarts just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.