Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 TRX 300 4X4 and it has never had a working choke on it. I had some other carb. issues so i cleaned my carb and put a kit in it, as well as I ordered a new choke cable to put on it at the same time, now the cable fits on my handlebar end but i can not figure out how to hook up the carb end. It does not look like there is any place for the cable to hook to, but maybe it just has to cover the little hole inside the carb to choke the engine. Where could i find a picture to show me how or just could someone tell me how to hook the cable up to my carb. Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you look on bikebandit.com and look up your atv, then the carburator it will give you a pic, and part 9 is what you would need on that pic. Should be a little spring and rubber ended piston that goes into the bore. Cable end should go thru the tube and the spring and clip onto the end of the piston. Then screw it all back into the carb.

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
It's not a choke, it's an enrichening jet. You have to unscrew the fitting that retains a spring and plunger to slip the cable through the fitting, place the spring over the cable, compress the spring with your fingers, slip the cable end into the plunger, put the assembly into the carb and lightly tighten.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help , with the pictures on bikebandit and with your instructions i figured out the piece i needed and ordered it . thanks again!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 1994 TRX 300 4X4 and it has never had a working choke on it. I had some other carb. issues so i cleaned my carb and put a kit in it, as well as I ordered a new choke cable to put on it at the same time, now the cable fits on my handlebar end but i can not figure out how to hook up the carb end. It does not look like there is any place for the cable to hook to, but maybe it just has to cover the little hole inside the carb to choke the engine. Where could i find a picture to show me how or just could someone tell me how to hook the cable up to my carb. Thank you
hi there im just here to ask if where did you order the choke cable and the handlebar for the motorcycle?

K&N air filter
Dynajet kit 145 front/148 rear
HMF Exhaust

2" air intake snorkel
1 1/2" CVT intake & 1 1/2" CVT output snorkels
Ben-Made radiator relocation to front rack
Suzuki Samurai electric radiator fan
Dynatek Ignition Plug-in module
Motorcycle Handlebar Levers & Control Assemblies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts