Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2004 Honda 400ex my electric start doesn’t work neutral switch light doesn’t work headlights don’t work and tail lights don’t work previous owner created a jump button that will alway it to start... I have tested with a test light all wire upfront and non of them have power and for a side note I tested the 5 wires that go into the regulator beside the battery and only one of the wires has power should must of the 5 have power to them???

·
Super Moderator
3,475 Posts
Let's see - start by checking the red wire at the key switch - if no voltage at the key switch, you have a broken wire or a bad wiring connection - if you have voltage on the red wire, unplug the key switch from the wiring harness and short the red wire to the black wire (careful, not black with a white stripe) - with the red wire connected to the black wire, you should get lights - if you do, replace the key switch - if not, get back to me.

Rec/reg should have 12 volts on the red wire all the time, green is ground, black wire has 12 volts when the key is on (red wire connected to black wire) - the 3 yellow wires should have AC voltage when the engine is running, but that is a topic for another day.

Get 12 volts on the black wire and let me know what works and what doesn't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts