Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’m new to the forum, joined after seeing various posts etc whilst googling problems with my bike over the years, seems a friendly and informative site.
I hate joining a forum and asking a question straight away! But my 2013 trx foreman 500 manual shift, is driving me mad!, it stopped in the field on me 6 weeks ago, getting a good spark but I put a new plug in it anyway, I checked the fuel filter, a little dirty so I changed it, still wouldn’t start, if I spray petrol through the air intake it will run for a few seconds so then I changed the pump, still won’t start! So then I thought the last thing it can be is the injector so I replaced it, it ran for about 2 seconds and stopped and now won’t even give a cough, fuel system is spotless, everything has been drained and cleaned, fresh fuel in it, fuel lines all ok, getting fuel up to the injector, not a huge mist coming out of the injector but should be enough to make it start! Like I said the if I spray fuel through the intake the bike runs for a few seconds, I can’t think of anything else to try so any suggestions will be much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
3,832 Posts
Unfortunately, computer controlled fuel systems requires various inputs than can only be checked accurately and together with a software program. It will not run with out programming and needs a computer program to install and correct the program. You will need to take it to a dealer to determine and correct the problem whether it is a failed part or a scrambled memory.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve finally made a little progress with my bike, had it at a garage and they sent it back to me still not running (and with 1 of the plastic pipes broken on the filter housing!!) but said it’s the fuel pump, I’ve had 3 on it now! So I ran an in-line pump with a new power source and the bike runs? It’s quantum pumps I’ve been putting on it as that’s all I could find, could I really have had 3 bad pumps?? They do seem to be putting plenty fuel out, Other thing I’m wondering is, could it be the fuel pump relay?

·
Super Moderator
3,832 Posts
The fuel pump relay only connects power to the pump and is incorporated so the pump will be cut off in case of a tip over.

I use quantum pumps and have not had a problem with any 'out of the box' - if you run alcohol blended fuel, it can ruin a pump in a short time - as the guys on the Polaris forum if they ever have fuel pump problems - it's #1 on the list of complaints of poor performance, hard starting, failure to accelerate and won't start issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your reply, just been thinking it can’t be the relay anyway as I tried the original source to my inline pump and it ran, I’ve a complete gen Honda pump and housing on its way so I’ll see what happens!

·
Super Moderator
3,832 Posts
Congratulations on your persistence, patience and observations. I'm always glad to hear when an owner figures out what the problem is. (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts