Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has a 2012 Honda 250. I have been helping him fix it since he submerged it in water. We changed oil about 8 times and changed gas, cleaned air filter and the works. That being said we have it running great but it smokes from the time you start it untill you cut it off. It blows more smoke as you give it gas. The smoke is a white grey color and smells like oil. Theres even a little oil coming out of exaust. I did compression check and it was 215. I would think rings were good. I was thinking valve seats. I wanted some advice before tearing head off. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Depending on the circumstances of the submergence, it is probably rings or perhaps a bent rod. It is highly improbable for valve seats to cause oil consumption. Valve seats are solely responsible for compression. Valve guides are a possibility as well as the head gasket. At any rate, the engine will need torn down to discover the source of the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it does make since that its probably oil ring since oil coming out of exhauste. I was hoping there was something simple i could try to narrow the problem down. Like u said i have to rebuild top end anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.