Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put a brand new clutch kit in my 04 honda 250ex and its slipping worse than before i put the new one in, i adjusted the screw when i got it back togeather and its still not doing anything, ive taken it apart 3 times now and i still dont know whats wrong with it, can anybody help me?

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
There is no adjustment on the auto clutch - you probably need to replace the manual clutch. The auto clutch has three shoes and mounts on the crankshaft. The manual clutch mounts on the transmission input shaft and consists of fiber plates and alternately unfaced metal plates. When you replace the fiber plates, you should replace the springs and have the unfaced plated glass bead blasted at a transmission shop. After assembly, you adjust the clutch for freeplay so it releases properly as you shift. The release arm is mounted on the shift lever. It disengages the clutch when the shift lever is operated to facilitate shifting. The auto clutch simply locks up at a certain engine speed and stays engaged until the engine speed slows to idle.

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
I meant unfaced plates (the s and the d are too close for my fat fingers) - have them glass bead blasted.

If that is the clutch you replaced, the adjustment proceedure is: loosen the locknut, turn the screw clockwise till no resistance is felt, turn counter clockwise till resistance is felt, turn counterclockwise just till resistance is felt, turn clockwise 1/4 turn and tighten the locknut.

If you still experience slippage - there is nothing you can do for the auto clutch except replace them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.