Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to this. Iv a 1994 honda 300 big red steel tank. Old but gold to me. I'm a mechanic my self but getting trouble getting to bottom of this problem was driving and just cut out lyk if was out of fuel. Took bk to garage and cleaned carb tank. Still no go it wil turn over and fire once and as soon as u let go of the start button it cuts out defo eletric prob. Iv check everything I hav spark fuel. Checked all wires,earths,battery voltage unplugged regulator and checked the stater. Aney1 eva seen this before. Thanks for reading

·
Super Moderator
4,715 Posts
Normal compression is typically about 120 to 150 psi cranking the engine while holding the throttle wide open - anything less than 100 and starting is difficult without using starting fluid and below 90 psi is unlikely to start. When the compression is low, adjusting the valves will usually bring it back up unless there is more serious problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.