Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Honda 300 ex that’s not getting spark and the neutral light will not come on, I’ve visually checked the wires and have made sure everything with the battery works, it turns over just fine but there’s no spark. The most confusing part is if I put it in reverse the neutral and reverse light both come on, any idea what could be causing this

· Super Moderator
4,815 Posts
Fix the neutral light first - power goes to the bulb on the black and the light green wire with a red stripe goes to ground through the neutral switch - you may only have a faulty switch - remove the wire from the switch and touch it to ground - each time it is grounded the light should illuminate.

NOTE: the neutral and reverse switches are the same - either swap the wires so neutral is reverse and reverse is neutral and see what happens - you could also remove the switches and swap them to see if it changes anything.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fix the neutral light first - power goes to the bulb on the black and the light green wire with a red stripe goes to ground through the neutral switch - you may only have a faulty switch - remove the wire from the switch and touch it to ground - each time it is grounded the light should illuminate.

NOTE: the neutral and reverse switches are the same - either swap the wires so neutral is reverse and reverse is neutral and see what happens - you could also remove the switches and swap them to see if it changes anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts