Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2004 Honda 350es it wasn’t running or driving when I bought it I figured out the shifting issue and I bought a new battery for it and now it runs and fires right up idles great.

My problem lies in the throttle it seems like it’s not revving up fast at all it’s sluggish. The quad barely has enough power to turn the tires (stock size) top speed is like 30km and it will only do that in 3rd. 4th is to tall of a gear It won’t move. Only gets like 1/4 throttle so I cleaned the carb and nothing changed so I swapped the carb outta a good running 350 and no change. Also I noticed that when I rev up the quad the speedo climbs which is weird to me i adjusted the clutch and it was better but not by much I thought it was the spark so I swapped coils from the good quad and spark plugs still no change I can’t find any broken wires and I cleaned the grounds I could find. if someone can help that would be greatly appreciated I’m at a loss and I’m fairly mechanically inclined

·
Super Moderator
3,571 Posts
Not enough info to go on, but I'll guess it's a clutch issue - either the manual clutch needs adjustment or the centrifugal clutch need repair.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts