Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm have little dirtbike expierience and only electric shifting quad expirience. I have never worked a clutch. Is a Honda 400EX very hard to shift in. My friend got one and always stalls it out. I was going to get one as I got offered one for cheap, however, I don't want to buy it for my first quad if I won't be able to shift in it. I know the concept of shifting, so it's not like I have no idea how to, and my dad was a very advanced rider. I'm 16 and 160. Do you think I could handle a 400 or should I start at a 250 or smaller? Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
400 would be a perfect starter bike, and you will soon want to upgrade to a 450 ☺you will get the hang of shifting and using the clutch in the first few hours of riding, it's pretty simple

·
Registered
40 Posts
It seems a lot more daunting than it really is. You're going to stall it out for a little but you'll get the hang of it. My first riding was on a 400ex. What helped me the just was when your starting slowly release the clutch (slooooowly.) You'll feel it start to move and that's when you tap the gas to get going. Shifting between hearts was fine but starting out in first was the most difficult for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.