Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Newbie here, i have been looking through a few previous posts and trying to get my head around what could be causing my issues but no luck yet. She needs a good clean and wiring organised, just wanted to get it running before i invested much more time into it.

I am working at a fishing lake and trying to get an old ATV working, I was here 3 years ago and it was fine, I was told that the electronic shift stopped working and the ignition switch was bad.

So i replaced the ignition switch and put a brand new battery in, that works fine, lights come on etc.
After getting it to start for a minute or so, there is absolutely nothing now (I got it started before the new battery arrived with the lawnmower battery).

Electronic start wont even attempt to work, Pull cord start wont work.

I've had to use a wrench as a manual shift to get it into neutral, i kind of feel like the atv doesn't know its in neutral so wont even attempt to start. I've put it back into gear and then returned to neutral but still nothing.

On further inspection i could see that the kill switch cords have either been cut or just broke off, not very tidy.
Also there are a whole bunch of wires under the seat and i haven't really got a clue where to start to be honest with you.

Frustrating because I got it started yesterday and now it wont even try, im thinking its something to do with the kill switch?

Please see attached photos.. Let me know if i have missed anything out.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just took out the spark plug and it was all black...again. I pulled it out and cleaned it the other day to get it started. But now I cant check if there is any spark because the electronic start is giving me nothing :/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, sorry about the late reply... been busy around the lake. Managed to have another look and checked a few of the circuits to ensure they were complete. Then realised that there isn't any voltage passing through the leads going to the spark plug (not the actual lead but wires before the coil). Which is strange as it worked a few weeks ago. Ive changed the angle sensor but the atv still wont attempt to start. I have to manually put it back into N every time I leave it for a few hours and it goes back into gear.

Model: honda trx350fe5

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive removed the white/black wire from the CDI box to ensure that the kill switch wasn't the problem, unfortunately still nothing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also replaced the Main 30amp fuse, think It must of blown when i was trying to start via the solenoid

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, sorry about the late reply... been busy around the lake. Managed to have another look and checked a few of the circuits to ensure they were complete. Then realised that there isn't any voltage passing through the leads going to the spark plug (not the actual lead but wires before the coil). Which is strange as it worked a few weeks ago. Ive changed the angle sensor but the atv still wont attempt to start. I have to manually put it back into N every time I leave it for a few hours and it goes back into gear.

Model: honda trx350fe5

Thanks for your help!
Did you try replacing the coil , is there and broken wires to the cdi box or anywhere else also google your year and model sometimes you can find a digital owner / service manual that can help you figure out those wires

1 - 8 of 8 Posts