Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 29.7 hours of pushing snow in the past month.and 72 miles.ive ben keeping track.going to the dealer for service and a new winch today.wore out the Electric lift already.Cycle Countrys electric plow lift is not vary durable.mine lasted a month and the puny 3/16 cable was fraying apart bad.when i called them they said sorry.we only warranty the motor.SO.going with a KFI 2500lb winch.with 5/16s cable.my owners manuel says to service more often.when used in snow.dont know if they mean playing.or pushing.

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
Greasing the winch cable will extend it's life dramaticly (but it's messy) Servicing more often in winter is necessary due to condensation inside the engine. The condensate will become trapped in the oil. Water is water, if you don't get the water out of the engine it will damage internal parts. Condensation takes place due to temperature changes in the summer, but a lesser amount is produced and it happens even if the engine is not run. Therefore, you should change the oil occasionally even if not being used. I recommend running the engine to warm the oil AND wash condensation out of passages before changing. BIG NOTE HERE: STARTING THE ENGINE IN WINTER TO WARM IT UP OCCASIONALLY INCREASES THE AMOUNT OF CONDENSATION THAT COLLECTS INSIDE THE MOTOR. IF YOU ARE GOING TO START IT, RUN IT! RUNNING IT WILL EVAPORATE SOME OF THE MOISTURE and THAT WHICH IS NOT EVAPORATED WILL EMULSIFY WITH THE OIL and BE TRAPPED THERE TO BE REMOVED WHEN THE OIL IS CHANGED.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you 100%.same goes for NON stainless steel Exhaust.not that it does stainless any good.im tired of plowing snow every other day.so if my quad gets started.it gets used for hours at a time.i DID grease the cable on the electric lift the day i put it on.it was frayed.but diddent break.pushed snow for about an hour and a half last night.with the new winch.and i LOVE IT.no more waiting for the blade to come up.so i can back up.its quick.(and i greased the cable to) just need to get used to the different rocker switch now.left right.instead of up down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have 29.7 hours of pushing snow in the past month.and 72 miles.ive ben keeping track.going to the dealer for service and a new winch today.wore out the Electric lift already.Cycle Countrys electric plow lift is not vary durable.mine lasted a month and the puny 3/16 cable was fraying apart bad.when i called them they said sorry.we only warranty the motor.SO.going with a KFI 2500lb winch.with 5/16s cable.my owners manuel says to service more often.when used in snow.dont know if they mean playing.or pushing.
definitely the same problem for my QuadRunner Snow Plows.. thanks for making this thread for it will help me a lot.

Athena 480
Suzuki ATV QuadRunner Snow Plows

hrc kit with hc stage 2
13t front

full big gun race pipe
Big Gun over rev box
tons of heart and BIG BALLS

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
snow

its almost time to push snow again :) $$$ lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.