Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a trackside teather kill switch. It has no instructions; just trying to figure out how to connect it; hopefully someone on here has had one installed. I'm putting it in a 2008 TRX90EX the kill switch has a black and white wire.

·
Super Moderator
4,276 Posts
The existing kill switch should have a black (ground) and a black wire with a white tracer (ignition). Simply connect your new kill switch to the existing wiring. When the switch closes (connects ignition to ground) the engine dies.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks; the kill switch wires had those 2 you mentioned plus a red one too. I tried it though, black to black and whit to the black n white stripe wire; didn't work. I'm open to any other ideas? What if i connect it to the egnition key switch; it has a red n black wire???

·
Super Moderator
4,276 Posts
Sorry - I erred - on your vehicle you need to break the connection between the b & b/w wires. You will need a normally closed tether switch and wire it in series using either wire going to the kill switch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm lost sorry; I know the tether switch is a closed one, I got that. But the wireing, you lost me there sorry.

·
Super Moderator
4,276 Posts
Disconnect (or cut) one wire (either one) going to the handlebar kill switch and wire your new switch in. Let's say you cut the black wire - wire one wire of your new kill switch to one end of the cut wire and then the other wire of your new kill switch to the other end of the cut wire. Then test - if it won't start, pull the tether plug - if it starts with the tether plug pulled, then you have a normally open tether kill switch and need to exchange it for a normally closed one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Disconnect (or cut) one wire (either one) going to the handlebar kill switch and wire your new switch in. Let's say you cut the black wire - wire one wire of your new kill switch to one end of the cut wire and then the other wire of your new kill switch to the other end of the cut wire. Then test - if it won't start, pull the tether plug - if it starts with the tether plug pulled, then you have a normally open tether kill switch and need to exchange it for a normally closed one.
Well, the thing didn't work. Pulled the plug too and still nothing Maybe a bad switch. I'm taking it back and trying a pro armor, maybe that one will work. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts