Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'm new to the site an this is my first quad. I don't plan on dumping too much money in to it as its just for recreational use. I'll mainly be riding in the woods and some limited road travel to get to trails. It's an 03 400ex. I picked it up for $900. I plan on putting new tires, full exhaust, new plastics, 450r suspension and get it dyno tuned.

1. What's a good set of all around tires to put on it? I don't plan on doing any racing. Just woods riding and on the back roads of my town.

2. What's the best bang for the buck mods I can do to wake this thing up a little more?

3. Who makes the best fitting plastics? My fronts are cracked pretty bad and need to be replaced. I'm also not really a fan of red so I plan on changing the color.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 04 400ex and have checked out many sites for quality aftermarket parts and things your looking for.
I would check motosport or dennis kirk. All good catalogue sites. You can check out many products and read user reviews which really helps. They have all pricing levels.
I would think a new exhaust and carb re-setting will definately help with pick up. You could add a good quality air filter as well.
Plastics are no problem, try maier, they have just about everything covered.
In any case you will have no problem for 400ex parts, choices are endless it seems
Good luck with the project

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you haven't gotten tires yet I would recommend CST Ambush Tires. They are cheap and are very good tires. They have great all around tread and so far they are holding up great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.