Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting together a quick project while I save up for the end build I want. Looking for something that's not beat up, maybe someone upgraded the motor right away and the crank was fine. Also need a head and head cover. Journals need to be good conditions, preferably a matching set. PM me, my job keeps me gone sometimes so if I don't get back right away, I will when I get back to the civilized world.

Thanks
RK

·
Super Moderator
4,356 Posts
Get a rebuilt crank or get your crank rebuilt from DRCRANKSHAFT.COM in Benton, KY

I have a bare head (no cover) that was just cleaned and the stripped bolt holes Helicoiled - $100 and free shipping
Automotive tire Bicycle part Motor vehicle Rim Automotive exterior

Trying to exhibit thread repair
Eye Iris Finger Camera lens Cameras & optics

Imperfection in head cover gasket surface
Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas Automotive tire Rim

Rough area around head stud washer seat - not a crack, but a scratch from an awl removing blast media caked in the washer land
Material property Rim Circle Automotive tire Metal

Light Gear Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim

Product Bicycle part Automotive tire Rim Gas

Guides are good and ports are clean
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Rim Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The head looks great, I will keep that in mind. I am looking for a matching set though. I purchased some separately on a different project and they didn't match up so that's my only concern. Kudos on the link for the crank, definitely going to go that route for sure. Now I just have to get the crank out now that my tools showed up and get it ready to ship to Vince.

Thanks
RK

·
Super Moderator
4,356 Posts
I've swapped head covers without problem, but they have to have the steel gasket between the head and cover. Just using liquid sealant or RTV makes them too tight and causes them to bind - using a paper gasket is too thick and makes them noisy - they are not actually machined together - the matching is simply using the same machining center to produce both parts os ant tolerance variation should be in the same increment on both parts. Yes, I've seen some that were just too far off to use, but they are the exception. You can use a head off an XR250R as well, they are the same part numbers. So now you can expand the search to include 96 and up XR as well as 99 and up TRX

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks, I will let you know soon. Yanking my crank now. Wait that didn't sound right. 😳 Hopefully get that in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for the part cross reference on the years. Been looking that up for 2 days now.
I will prob take the head, it'll be about a week before I secure funds. Need to keep an eye on the budget.

Thanks
RK

·
Super Moderator
4,356 Posts
Ok thanks, I will let you know soon. Yanking my crank now. Wait that didn't sound right. 😳 Hopefully get that in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for the part cross reference on the years. Been looking that up for 2 days now.
I will prob take the head, it'll be about a week before I secure funds. Need to keep an eye on the budget.

Thanks
RK
No problem - just let me know - maybe you will come up with a head and cover off of the same engine - check with powersportsnation.com or call them at 402-371-7002

1 - 6 of 6 Posts