Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from a great trip up north Mi. with my son, and some terrific weather, too!
Started the trip out on day one from St Helen's campground and rode, round trip through Clear lake with store,gas,bar restaurant, onto Rose City for gas fill up, then north of West Branch, up to Wagon Wheel area then back, close to 50 miles. Make sure if taking this route its advisable to take a GPS, flash light, spare gas, compass, emergency tools, waters, snacks, jacket in case your stranded after dark for some reason, gets pretty cold up north, after sun go down! and tow strap just in case you happen to get stuck in the muck like we did, then ''stunk'' from the muck the rest of the trip back lol, but fortunately we were near camp heading back, hitting the showers and tossing clothes away lol Mosquitoes were eating us up alive all the way back after getting swamped too! Might also be a good idea to pack a can of mosquito spray as well! Their no joke, back in swampy areas!
Rode for 4 days, riding hard every day, from early dawn till dark, and not exactly the way I prefered it, but my son said, that he had been waiting all year to finally get up there (while also on his vacation) and he was going to RIDE!!!
Made it to places, way back in areas we've never been before, and rode into heavily forested/wooded places with foliage so thick, growing over the trails, which seemed like no one had been back in there for quite some time! Not sure if we'll ever head back in there again, because of the way we were scratched, hit/poked by branches, and those pesky mosquitoes, following us all the way back after getting swamped! Definitely worth the ''trip/view''! Real easy to get disoriented/lost back in there too!
St Helens area also has 5 greata rock climbs, 3 different sand climbs, lakes and tons of trails with so much sand you can leave the sand paddles on the entire time there! Close to 20 sq. miles.
Still looking for a friend/buddy over 50, to ride with ''anytime''!! Is a good time for me! Just let me know. Thanks Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just got back from a great trip up north Mi. with my son, and some terrific weather, too!
Started the trip out on day one from St Helen's campground and rode, round trip through Clear lake with store,gas,bar restaurant, onto Rose City for gas fill up, then north of West Branch, up to Wagon Wheel area then back, close to 50 miles. Make sure if taking this route its advisable to take a GPS, flash light, spare gas, compass, emergency tools, waters, snacks, jacket in case your stranded after dark for some reason, gets pretty cold up north, after sun go down! and tow strap just in case you happen to get stuck in the muck like we did, then ''stunk'' from the muck the rest of the trip back lol, but fortunately we were near camp heading back, hitting the showers and tossing clothes away lol Mosquitoes were eating us up alive all the way back after getting swamped too! Might also be a good idea to pack a can of mosquito spray as well! Their no joke, back in swampy areas!
Rode for 4 days, riding hard every day, from early dawn till dark, and not exactly the way I prefered it, but my son said, that he had been waiting all year to finally get up there (while also on his vacation) and he was going to RIDE!!!
Made it to places, way back in areas we've never been before, and rode into heavily forested/wooded places with foliage so thick, growing over the trails, which seemed like no one had been back in there for quite some time! Not sure if we'll ever head back in there again, because of the way we were scratched, hit/poked by branches, and those pesky mosquitoes, following us all the way back after getting swamped! Definitely worth the ''trip/view''! Real easy to get disoriented/lost back in there too!
St Helens area also has 5 greata rock climbs, 3 different sand climbs, lakes and tons of trails with so much sand you can leave the sand paddles on the entire time there! Close to 20 sq. miles.
Still looking for a friend/buddy over 50, to ride with ''anytime''!! Is a good time for me! Just let me know. Thanks Steve
That sounds great 4tracker. My wife and I a few weeks ago, spent a week in the U.P. for our 25th ann. Loved it up there! Spent a couple nights on the island. Checked out the Hiwatha forest. Stopped to fish in the Maple river and, like you said, the skeeters were relentless! Really liked it up there. Of course, I havent been there in the winter. Lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts