Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just curious to see if any one has seen or heard of anyone puttin a 250r motor in a 250x frame? i have seen the 350x conversion for that frame and those look real good and add alot more power. but those motor are starting to be hard to find. my mind is always wondering bout stuff like this and when i m done with my 250x motor i would like to put a bigger one in it cause the frame is still in great shape. i m sure the 250r swap can be done but i was curious to see if any of u guys have seen or heard of it? let me know what ya got?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
No never seen one. Seen a 350 honda three wheeler motor on one and a 300ex swap but not a r motor. I have seen a 250r motor on a 400ex and a 125cc dirt bike engine on a blaster. But it can be done anything is possible.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i would really like to do the 350x swap, but those motor are kinda hard to find and are expensive when ya do. i see alot of the 250r motor and for not bad prices, so thats what got me curious bout them. i dont think the motor would be hard to put in, probably a lil fabrication on the mounts but it might be a lil tricky to mount the radiator

·
Registered
333 Posts
wasn't the last year a water cooled 3 wheeler think it was 85?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if i was to go with the 250r, i think i would rather have the liquid cooled motor. yeah i also thought bout the 400ex motor as well. what kinda price range u think i would be lookin at for a used 400 motor?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have heard of them from 500 to 1500 on Ebay. BUt I have never looked for one and I dont know what kind of shape it would be in.
Have you ever thought of putting a 300ex motor on it? Not much bigger but its a direct fit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kinda but not much, would rather do somethin different. i would like to do somethin people haven't really seen before

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ha ha that would probably be a lil much for that frame and i would like be able to ride it other than just in a straight line. i almost put a cb 550 motor in it but the motor was gonna need way too much work, i know a guy thats puttin a 750 suzuki motor in a banshee right now, its gonna be pretty sick

·
Registered
718 Posts
I seen a video of a 250X with the 250r moter on it. I will see If iI can find it

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know the aircooled r atc engines wont work the sprockets on the other side.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Actually 81-84 250r's were air cooled while 85&86 trikes were liquid cooled the 85-86 motors are a shorter stroke than the 87-89 motors and the air cooled motors were 5 spd and liquid cooled were 6 spds I have seen a 250r motor in a 250x frame but I think it was the air cooled motor. Those were some rev monsters

1 - 16 of 16 Posts