Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of this is copy and pasted from another forum as I update I will fill in stuff.
here ya go!

well after doing a million trades I FINALY got what I wanted for my Daughter 2006 honda 250EX! My daughter has Juveniel Rhuemetoid Arthritis, but she loves to ride and has been riding since she was just 3 1/2. I failed multipul times at building her a quad that would suit her so after much debate decided on the 250ex since its still sporty yet easy to drive. Things that have to be modded for here are a twist throttle added as her hands and fingers loose strength quickly, and that the foot pedal brake it operating normaly and near perfect.
Mods that I plan on doing to it, banshee front shock for the rear (common thing to do on these to soften the harsh ride, fits perfect) shocks all the way around (needs to be made as plush as possible but usable) FASST flex bars, stearing stabilizer. I allready had some fast treckers to get rid of the stock balloons that where on there, also later would like to widen the suspension front and rear.
once she gets tired of the way it is in a few years then Ill do some engine mods right now its stock and thats just fine also she wants some graphincs for it.
and if anyone has any parts for it let me know I may be interested

here it is!

looking for:
cool front bumper
rear grab bar
fasst flex bars
nerfs
rear wheel spacers
slip on muffler

took it to work today to use the steam washer, I knew the plastic looked dull....well becouse they spray painted it flat black thing is they actually taped up the decals and warning stickers and did a dam good job of it, well I dont dig spraypaint so I blasted it all off except the rear fender where they did sand it prime it and paint it, I had to order some bumper stripper to safely remove that then ill polish the fender back out. I also blew off the oem graphics but I plan on ordering these

also I put some bark busters on it that Ive had for YEARS laying around and never got to put them on anything till now, her hands are fragile so these give me a little peice of mind. I jsut dont know if these will work later when I get some fasst flex bars can you run hand guards with the fasst flex bars?

I had some lower profile wheel and tires that ive been holding on forever just for her quad if and when I got her another quad now I just need to get soem wheel spacers.

and here are they awesome rednecked hillbillied up rear fender paint job, going to clean these things up back original again

still needing any parts I listed in the post above! thanx!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ROLL DESIGN anti vibe stearing stem! dosnt come with bar clamps but I happen to have a set that have been sitting around for years!

motion pro twist throttle in, just got to install it and now she will be able to stay on it longer as she can use more of her wrist to controle the throttle instead of her thumb. Also came with soem thin style waffle grips I will see how well they work Im still a firm beleiver in the super thin renthal grips especialy for her.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
motion pro twist throttle in, just got to install it and now she will be able to stay on it longer as she can use more of her wrist to controle the throttle instead of her thumb. Also came with soem thin style waffle grips I will see how well they work Im still a firm beleiver in the super thin renthal grips especialy for her.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
check her out! she can allready tell the difference with the anti vibe stem and loves the twist throttle she rode ti around for a couple of hours today and didnt complain about it a bit!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man so many stabilizers!!! wow!! finaly settled on one that ws a good price by a great brand and it has the features I want full adjustability and rebuildable so this is what I ended up with

also my FASST flex bar order has goen through she is officially now a supported rider by FASST CO. Should get those bars in next week! I bet this thing is going to feel so smooth!

400ex front on 250ex
painted up some parts for the front end:

she likes blue

took about 2 hours today to put the front end back together should have been way less but I didnt intend on honda having differnt sizes for parts, I had to use the inside 250 rod ends on the 400ex tie rods as the steering shaft had a bigger mounting hole, also ended up using 400ex spindles becouse the ball joints on the 400ex arms are bigger then the 250 so they would have been sloppy on the 400 ex parts. got it all buttoned up did a decent tow set job and took it for a spin, everything seems to work better up front it steers alittle fast I guess the spindle mounts are slightly differnt and you can immediatly tell the width difference when cornering under speed I think once I get the bars and the stabilizer the front end will be tits then ill work on getting some shock upgrades for her for sure!

pretty tight steering

heres everything up close

I think its well worth the little effort

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome goodies this week!!!!

got the FASST FLEX bars in and mounted them as soon as I could, I havnt changed the bushings to the lighter ones yet but I will this weekend man they feel awesome!

of course I had to get some fat bar antivibe clamps for them.,.thank god for ebay!:drool:

also got the ALBA stearing stabilizer in, man the difference this thing makes is unreall I wounder why for so many years I never used one?:crazy:

and not installed yet but soon are some 3 inch rear wheel spacers all cleaned up

unfortunatly she wont be able to ride this weekend, shes been out of school with a flareup, hopefully she will get better soon to enjoy all this!

·
Registered
19 Posts
awesome!! im a 17yr old newbie at all this, but this just looks awesome!! right now, im lookin in to some new rear tires, but after those are out of the way i will be getting some spacers just like those! i also want some for the front tires.. but who knows. back to u, uve done a good job on this thing! im sure she is loving it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx goose!! I got a write up her on this site on how to put 400ex arms on the 250ex if you want some width thats better then spacers or flipping rims, check it out!

BUMPER TIME!
so I found a sweet deal on a SIC INC. bumper becoue I noticed it needed some protection for the sterrign damper and I snaged it up for super cheap new, becouse at the time the bumper she wanted was to much and I didnt want to use alot of her money on just a bumper.

its not made for this machine but it wouldnt take much to make it fit

then....... of course what happens? someone come along with the bumper she likes for a awesome price.....grrrrrrr So I decided to get it figuring ill get my money back on wich ever one she dosnt want in the end go figure!

also its not for this model but still for a honda so it will take very little for it to fit and it wil drop down from where its at in the pic

personaly I like both lol but its up to her, also snagged some nerf bars finaly for super cheap as well they should be in this comming week!

·
Registered
37 Posts
You sound like a hellava dad, and your daughter sounds like a hellava tough girl. Its good that she can get out and ride with you on the good days. I think I need to get me one of those steering stabilizers for my Rincon, so my fiance can ride it without getting too tired. She has premature arthritis in a few joints, elbow and hip. She's also only about 5'2'', so she needs all the help she can get with the 650lb Rincon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the stabalizer is wounderfull on this machine kinda hard to fit on this but I got it working good, but more importantly the fasst flex bars are worth it! before she couldnt ride no more then a hour or so before her wrists and arms would start swelling and hurting, now she can power all day long and she loves it. I got loger arms being made now and Ill be using revalved and resprung 450R shocks with those so with better suspension she will be able to run with all her power for sure, she is super stoked about starting racing next year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you have to modify anything to get the 400ex a-arms to go on?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Your daughter kicks ass. I know it's been said, I'm just gonna say it again.

My daughter is 12 and has the same bike. All stock, because she doesn't have the need for all the upgrades you did, but it certainly has me thinking about it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
ROLL DESIGN anti vibe stearing stem! dosnt come with bar clamps but I happen to have a set that have been sitting around for years!

Just wondering. Does this Roll Design Steering Shaft fit 2001 and up TRX250EX? Because the only ones I have found say they fit 01-05 250ex, but one guy is selling one that says it will fit 2001-2012. The OEM part numbers don't match up for those model years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts