Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if 1984 TRX 200 is supposed to have a washer(s) between the crank timing chain gear and the starter gear? The backside of the starter gear is rubbing the lower metal chain tensioning assembly. The Clymer manual and the Honda OEM parts diagram do not show washers between the lower crank timing gear, starter gear, or alternator rotor. I am trying to help a friend solve this mystery. Your help is appreciated. Philip

·
Super Moderator
4,179 Posts
No - I would suspect a worn starter gear, cam chain sprocket or improper assembly of the tensioner mech.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No - I would suspect a worn starter gear, cam chain sprocket or improper assembly of the tensioner mech.
Here 2 help, Thank You for your response!! The teeth on both gears appear to be in good shape and I don't see any signs of severe wear on the mating surfaces of either the crank timing gear or the starter flywheel?? I don't know how to determine what the specifications for the "gear" parts is regarding the mating surfaces (crank gear & starter gear)? I will follow up on examining the tensioner mechanism. I am the third person "stumped" by this issue and welcome any additional thoughts/ideas. Philip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts