Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it sat for a few months. i cleaned the carb jets but messed with the pilot screw also. i can get it to start but it then shuts off. i was told when i bought it to pull choke out start bike and then push choke in. ok . now when i do that the bike shuts of as soon as i push it in. any suggestions. i put a new spark plug. i can rev it with the throttle but it will turn off if i don't hit the throttle. could it be i need to adjust the pilot screw? what about the choke?

·
Super Moderator
4,647 Posts
The carb needs a through cleaning - spray cleaners won't do it - it needs to be soaked in the good stuff (BERRYMAN part #0905) NOTE: Walmart and other auto supply stores carry BERRYMAN #0996 on the shelf - it's OK for light cleaning (like for carbs that don't really need to be cleaned). The "good stuff comes in 5 gal buckets with a dip basket for about $100 and has to be special ordered from places like O'reilly Auto Parts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i adjusted the pilot screw and the idle and i got it to idle. it even started fine with just the push of the start button. the choke worked fine. i only had some pop and a little backfire at the tail pipe when i would throttle up so i tinkerd with the pilot screw some more. i should have left it alone cuz now it doesn't idle. i'll work on it some more tomorrow. if i can't get it i'll try the berryman. thanx for the suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.