Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first quad a 400ex and the quad runs fine for about 20-30 min then turns off but turns right back on but the engine starts smoking anyone got any idea what I can do to fix the problem ?

·
Super Moderator
4,688 Posts
Not without more information

Turns off indicates the ignition unit is shorting the kill wire to ground - turns right back on indicated a chassis power problem.

Try starting it, unplug the key switch and make sure the lights are not on and try running it.

Where does the engine smoke? Around the exhaust pipe at the head, between the head and cylinder, just the engine in general or out the exhaust?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not without more information

Turns off indicates the ignition unit is shorting the kill wire to ground - turns right back on indicated a chassis power problem.

Try starting it, unplug the key switch and make sure the lights are not on and try running it.

Where does the engine smoke? Around the exhaust pipe at the head, between the head and cylinder, just the engine in general or out the exhaust?
It smokes near my legs not out the exhaust I didn’t really pay good attention where it was exactly coming from but Ik it was from the engine area and thank you u will try thst when I get home later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts