Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 honda trx250ex that has a blown motor,(crank,rod,piston,cylinder). I am weighing my options, trying to decide between rebuilding or replacing the motor, can anyone tell me if any other motor will fit besides the 250ex motor? any opinions will be appreciated, thank you, Mike.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
I have seen an ATC350X motor installed in a 250EX frame, but it was a "cobbled" fit. The kick starter didn't clear well, the exhaust was home fabricated using conduit and water pipe, and the frame had to be altered. I wouldn't recommend trying it especially since the parts availability for the ATC350 motor is limited.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, it does have the cooler up front. That's a change Honda made in 01 to the Recon as well when the 250ex came out. The cases are the same from what I know for all years. Only difference between the 01-05 and 06+ was the addition of the sport clutch, which I have been told if you swap the front cover the clutch can be swapped as well. Prior to the sport clutch it was just an auto clutch. The quad is located just easy of Indy, but I am willing to meet. Where are you located?

·
Registered
5 Posts
And to the post prior to mine...I think you're confusing the old 250x with the 250ex. The 250x (later the 300ex) was chain drive with a traditionally mounted motor, whereas the 250ex is longitudinally mounted shaft drive. Many 250x guys made the 350 swap because those were great motors and fit really well in 250x/300ex frames...not the 250ex though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.