Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help would be much appreciated..
2006 350 rancher all time 4wd es was running fine shut it off went to start it back up crank crank crank no start and noticed reverse and neutral light stays on took the shift wrench and tried to shift it shifts fine but shows up no gear on the dash also keeps blowing the acc fuse or the ign fuse will have to go look again little wire is on the diode on the back of the motor haven’t tested the continuity of anything yet??! Any tips on direction to go in ?

·
Super Moderator
3,694 Posts
You either have a failed CPU or ECU (probably the ECU) - if you want to gamble, get part number 38910-HN5-M11 $220 and see if that fixes it or take it to a dealer for diagnosis

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes - unplug the computer and see if the fuses blow
un Plugged and worked fine computer even smells fried just wonder if shorted out wire caused it to fry ??? Got one on order but wonder what’s the cause of this one going bad ?

·
Super Moderator
3,694 Posts
Yes - if the component fails (shorts to ground) the fuse keeps the wires from burning up - the fuse does does not protect the component.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey buddy computer just came in today took a little longer with all this COVID going on plan on installing when I get home and as to voltages and grounds what exactly do u mean I have fluke meter and know how to use it but don’t not have a service manual to what specs for the connectors are ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got around with messing with this thing again does the ecm need initializing or anything ? Or just plug and play

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pthack I was wondering if the ECU replacement fixed your problem?
I posted a similar issue for my TRX350 2001.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Replacing ecu did not fix now it will start run fine but still the electric shift will not do anything when I take the manual shifting tool and put it in gear it shows code 8 in gear and code 3 In Neutral those are angel sensors so im going to put one on it and go from there

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So voltage is good going to angle sensor but sensor was bad replaced it still no change still giving code 3 with control unit replaced and angle sensor all 3 wires have continuity voltage good at angle sensor resistance is good at control unit Connector what am I missing ?

·
Super Moderator
3,694 Posts
I don't know - if it was in front of me I would have to go through the trouble shooting section of the service manual step by step.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know - if it was in front of me I would have to go through the trouble shooting section of the service manual step by step.
I seen where u helped a guy back in 2014 and he had the same issue I’m having and it ended up being the wiring harness

1 - 19 of 19 Posts