Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,771 Posts
So I replaced computer wiring harness angle sensor and still code 3 I pulled the voltage regulator and the red hot wire terminal has corrosion could this haven’t sent voltage to the new computer making it bad as well or would it have blew a fuse first ? Tested the shift motor with 12vdc motor spends reverse and forwards the gear shift selector works both up and down reduction gears move freely spindle that works angle sensors moves when shifting?
No, the corroded wire on the rec/reg does not affect the ECU - it simply supplies charging voltage to the battery, but if the charging voltage is low and the battery is not charging correctly, then the battery will affect the ECU's function.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
No, the corroded wire on the rec/reg does not affect the ECU - it simply supplies charging voltage to the battery, but if the charging voltage is low and the battery is not charging correctly, then the battery will affect the ECU's function.
Is it notable that when I first turn the key on and let it set the “N” is solid I don’t get a code until I take manual shifter and try to shift the gears

·
Super Moderator
3,771 Posts
The neutral light is illuminated when the switch makes connection to ground - it's possible when shifting out of neutral it disrupts the ground connection - check that the engine mounts are tight and if there is a ground cable connected to the engine that it clean and tight on both ends.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The neutral light is illuminated when the switch makes connection to ground - it's possible when shifting out of neutral it disrupts the ground connection - check that the engine mounts are tight and if there is a ground cable connected to the engine that it clean and tight on both ends.
Is there a code reset process or anything ? I found the retrieval in the manual but nothing about clearing or reset ?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts