Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just bought a new yoshimura RS-2 full system to replace my stock HMF slip on, I have a 146 main and a 38 pilot, I'm thinking 155 main with a 42 pilot, does this sound about right?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when I put the 42 pilot and 155 main jets in the bike won't start, so I put the 42 pilot and a 152 main in it, still won't start, then I put the 38 pilot and 146, still won't start... What am I doing wrong? I ordered a 40 pilot and a 42 pilot from Honda, but only the 42 came in, when I asked him where the 40 was he said it was discontinued...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, after continuing to play with it, I know it's not getting the gas it needs, I misted a little gas into the carb with a spray bottle, it would start for a second and die. Does this mean that I need to go a size bigger on the pilot jet?

·
Super Moderator
4,647 Posts
At this point, the jetting has nothing to do with starting. You need to get fuel into the float bowl. I would check for a pinched fuel line, restricted float bowl venting or a damaged float needle. Ti should start and run with just about any combination of jets - it just won't run right unless the jetting is correct.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply! I figured it out yesterday, I just figured I shouldn't bump the thread. The spacer that goes above the float, I put it in upside down. Haha, but I just ran it, an she runs great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It should be close to 155 main 42 pilot like mine, the only other mod I did besides the exhaust is removing the air box lid and snorkel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your running wayyyy lean, try a 155 or the next smaller. Do you know how to run a plug chop?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.