Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I'm deciding between getting new zest orange fenders, or white carbon fiber fenders for my 04 400ex. I have red grips, red shocks, and red nerfs and hubs of course, so not shure which colors will go Best together. White and red or zest orange and red. Tell me what y'all think, any pictures would be helpfull too. Thx for your input.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I'm leaning towards all black......gosh I cant make up my mind!!! I saw some white ones and kinda thought they looked cheesy

·
Registered
10 Posts
White plastic shows the dirt once it starts getting scratches in it and is hard to clean. Black plastic shows the scratches and also dulls quickly. Orange and red look nice longer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why are you changing your fenders? Are your current fenders broken or are the just aged and rough looking? If they are not broken an alternative would be to get a graphics kit and it would be at a fraction of the cost. InvisionArtworks.com has some pretty nice selections. I covered two of my quads with their graphics kits and the coverage was between about 75 to 85 percent of the plastic. They've held up great too. BTW...my 400ex is black and the scratches showed up after the first ride.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow didn't think scratches would show up that quick! Yes my front plastics are completely broken, to the point of not fixing them after a roll over. But I want to change the color as well. Do y'all think the zest orange fenders would go good with my red nerf nets, red grips, red hubs, and red shocks? Also do you think they would show scratches as bad as black or white?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The orange might look good with the red but I guess you just need to make that color choice to fit your tastes. What makes you happy is what it's all about right? The orange will not show the scratches as bad as the black or white. Red fenders hide the scratches very well too. If you aren't happy with the color choice after you install the plastics you can always paint your hubs, get different colored shock covers and change your grips and nets. It shouldn't be very expensive at all to make the changes. Your plastics however have to be costing a small chunk of change! Are you planning to put any graphics on the plastics? Check out that site I mentioned. They have some really cool designs on there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your help. I think ima go with orange bc not many 400ex's are orange that I've seen, I believe the red should go well together since the colors originate from eachother. But you got a good point with changing the other stuff for cheap. I haunt got to look at that website yet but ima check it out now. Im not a huge sticker fan but if I could find a nice set I'd prolly get em. Thx again!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you happen to know if the maier orange fenders are the same color like a ktm or are they lighter colored, bc if they are lighter colored ima just go with black

·
Registered
10 Posts
They're not like regular stickers though. They are a lot thicker and won't scratch off or even blow off with a pressure washer. You'll like them once you see them. Gives an added dimension to your plastics too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yeah checked em out and they look pretty sweet I just noticed you can't get them with an orange background for a 400ex... That kinda throws me around on the orange fenders. Also Im gonna buy the fenders through rockymountainatv bc it's like over a 100 dollars cheaper than the maier website, but they are out of stock on orange too, so looks like I'm either gonna be waiting or be safe and go with black

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are a lot of nice graphics kits on there for Black fenders. I have black fenders on my (actually my wife's) 400ex and I got the Bone Collector graphics. The roses under the skull were red and the little skulls behind it are all gray. Completely opposite from the example they show. I also have a Suzuki LTR450 with the Headcreeps graphics and it looks pretty sick too. Black fenders look nice, I just recommend covering them well because you will see the scratches.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh, one more thing. If you see a design you like but are unsure of the color, etc. call them. They are really helpful and they actually do custom graphics as well. I should be a salesman for them!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts