Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, my name is Mike and I am originally from Arizona. I spent nine years in the Marine Corps and decided to get out to pursue other dreams. I am new to ATV's and I pretty much didn't know anything about them. I had always wanted a four wheeler since I was a young boy but my parents couldn't afford to get me one. I decided to purchase one to start riding and am extremely happy I made this decision.

I purchased an 07 Honda 300ex to start off with. It is pretty much all stock other than an aftermarket HMF slip on muffler. I purchased a shop book so that I have something to go off of other then the internet. I have also purchased a K&N air filter and a DynoJet kit. I haven't installed those yet but I am looking for guidance and advice of all kinds. If anyone has anything for me please feel free to send me a message. Thank a lot.

Okie300ex

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whats up man. I've a 300ex and now I have 250x, basically the same thing just kick start. My favorite thing to upgrade is the sprockets first. I run a 14 tooth up front and a 36 tooth in the back. This will give you a few more mph in every gear without sacrificing to much power down low. Also I would suggest getting a 40 slow jet and 128 main jet, thats the best combo Ive run for a stock engine. If you get a full exhaust then run a bigger main, like a 132 or 135 depending on your altitude, at a certain point you can't get enough air mixed in. Let me know if you have any other questions, I've tried all kinds of things thru the years to get those wheelers to rip!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.