Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up. Wife just bought a 2001 400ex for $750. Needs some engine work, well lots of engine work. Either way I think it will be worth it. Came with Laeger +2 arms, Durablue +2 axle, Edelbrock carb, and 2 sets of plastics. Eveything looks good besides the cylinder and head, exhaust valve broke and took out head and cylinder. Head looks like it had some money put into it, as it was ported and had web hardwelded rockers, shortened valveguides and titanium retainers with dual springs. Also had a 479 cam installed at some time. I dunno what this thing was used for as it was bought through a consignment auction. Either way it should scream when put all back together with a bbk and different head. Dont know if I want to use that cam tho because Id rather not put shortened guides in, maybe trade for a cam thats bolt and go.

Either way should be a great project for me and the wife to tackle together and enjoy after its all together, just hopefully its not faster than my 04 kfx400. Jk:p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah Im guessing after the bbk and new head, we should be in about 1600 dollar, about 500 dollars less than Ive seen 400ex's going for in my area that are stock or beat to shit. At least I know whats going into this thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
im sorry to tell you bud.... your kfx400 isnt going to stand up against the EX.
just dont let your pride get hurt on it lol. it lookes like you made out pretty good on the buy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts