Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going guys, new to the forum but not so much to riding. I've been riding for just about two years now but just a few months ago i started buying broken, rebuilding, and reselling but i've run into a nasty bump on this one. It's an '01 250ex. I had to rebuild the entire engine end everything brand new crankshaft (& the bearings), connecting rod, piston rings you name it. Anyway, the rebuild went good for the most part (followed the repair manual) just a few screw ups here and there but nothing severe or damaged or anything. I had to weld the shift lever back on but when i went to take it for a test ride after everything, it wouldn't shift up past 1st gear. So i took the back end off the engine again and made sure that the shifter was actually lining up right with everything and everything was ok so i took it out again. This time i got it up into 2nd gear but all of a sudden i heard a snap and some rattling and it died. I brought it back into the garage and checked, i now have no compression this happened kinda late in the day so i haven't gotten the chance to break the engine down again and i honestly have no clue what's going on here. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated big time, thanks guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts