Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up everybody, i just bought a 08 400ex today and from coming off of a gsxr750 i really need some more giddy up and go but of course im like everybody else i dont want to spend any money its not because im broke but its because im a cheap ass, lol, so what are some quick and easy mods i can do to this thing....im not used to carbs because the bbikes ive had are FI so you might have to break things down to me, like what is a 42 pilot jet and can i do a dyno jet kit with this 42 jet, blah blah blah i dont know what this stuff is, someone help me, also i looked at the uni filters that go in the top of the air box obviously more air equals better throttle response but i undersand if i do that then i got to do this 42 pilot jet? Anyway give me some quick tips, thanks oh and by the way my name is jeff and im new to the forum
:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow the TRX forum and nobody knows of any mods, why am i not suprised....how bout this, if i had $2000 to spend on mods could anybody tell what i should do

·
Registered
9 Posts
hotrods crank. stroke it
Big Bore sleeve, piston, Rings
Hot Cams Stage 3
Edelbrock Carb
CDI box. no rev limiter
Exhaust.
Go down to Bakery Supply. Get 50lb NOS shot, drill hole in plastic intake between carb and Jug , PUT SWITCH ON HANDLE BARS!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nothing is going to compare to the tunnel vision speed of the Gixxer, I know because I got rid of my 05 750 earlier this year for my 700XX. The most common mods are going to be air filter, jet kit, and either a slip-on or ful exhaust. The exhaust won't be very cheap, most decently priced full exhausts around the $500 price range, and slip-ons $300. Those will improve your power decently through the powerband. If you require more after that, then a beefier top end is in order with a bigger cam, valves, port and polish, pistons (high comp or big bore kit), larger 450 style carburater, ect... and those get pricey.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's prolly what I'm gonna go ahead and do, the thing that has me all confuse is the air box mod, when I do a UNI filter with the dyne jet kit stage 1&2 and a slip-on can I take the air box lid off or is it best to just leave it on, Thanks for your help

·
Registered
37 Posts
Depending on the type of terrain you ride in, I don't recommend taking the air box lid off. You will have to rejet the carb if you take the lid off, even though you may already have it jetted for a free flowing air filter. With the lid off your filter is bringing in more air than it should, as well as more dirt, water and mud if you ride in that terrain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts